Wednesday 31 August 2011

A work in progress...

Just a quick post tonight which will hopefully explain two things. Firstly, the current state of my blog and secondly, as well as most excitingly,my plans for its future. With regards to the former, despite the fact that I have had a great deal of free time on my hands over the last few weeks as a result of being forced to leave my former job earlier than expected and then being offered a new one in quick succession, I have found that I have had very little to blog about. Whilst having a few weeks of unexpected holiday sounds lovely, the reality is that I have often been bored and done very little worth writing about. And as much as I enjoy blogging (which I truly do), it's hard to find the motivation to write a post when you're not in the right frame of mind yourself. Not to mention the fact that any post I did write in such a mood wouldn't probably be worth sharing with anyone!

But that's enough of the past and present; now let's look to the future. Over the past few days I've done some thinking and have realised that I really want to keep my blog going over the next few months and beyond. However, given my recent track record, I've realised that the only way to do this is to get organised and I know that this will be especially important when I'm working full time. My plan is to draft each week's posts (3 or 4 minimum) a little in advance and then I won't be faced with staring blankly at the computer screen when it's time to blog. I'm not, however, intending to schedule my posts as, for me, one of the main attractions of blogging is the fact that I can share my thoughts and feelings on current issues to a potentially worldwide audience. If something moves me on a particular day, I want the freedom to write about it there and then, not when my posting schedule dictates. And as for content...well that's been something else that I've been giving some thought to. I'm intending to keep some old favourites going... my "Highs and Lows" will still be a regular feature and "What's in my Wardrobe Wednesday" and baking posts will also be making a re-appearance. I also have plans for new features...I'm thinking about reviews, beauty posts and even more fashion as well as general randomness, memes and discussion of much deeper issues too!

So please bear with me just a little bit longer...the new and improved Julie's Jottings will be with you very soon :-)

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment