Friday 18 December 2009

Christmas Survey

I've noticed a few of these surveys around lately, so I thought it was about time I answered one!I've borrowed this particular one off Stevie at Allow Myself to Introduce...Myself and hope you enjoy!

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate:
Hot chocolate...especially a special hot chocolate from the Manchester Christmas Markets with Baileys or Cointreau in. Although I've never tried egg nog so I suppose I can't make a fair comment!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Both! When I was small, my parents bought me presents which my Mum wrapped and then sent to Santa for him to deliver on Christmas Eve, but I also got some surprises off him which he must have wrapped himself!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Either or both...we have both this year and I don't have a preference either way.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No...but I wouldn't mind using it if there was a hot guy around!

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually the first weekend in December, although sometimes it's a little later.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Oh...it's so hard to choose! Mince pies are lovely though, so I think I'll go for those.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I don't have any particular memories...I just remember always being really excited and waking up at stupid o'clock to open my presents!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I was about 10 or 11, and my mum told me.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Nope...unless I receive one then, then I probably would!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Lights, then tinsel, then baubles and other decorations. We've gathered a really big collection over the years, including some which belonged to my Nana and our first Christmas ornaments. I have a bauble, my brother has a metal plaque, my sister Amy has a baby in a cradle and my other sister has a rocking horse. Decorating the tree is a family effort but my mum, sisters and I do most of it.

11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
Love it...I'm really jealous of the areas of the UK that got lots during yesterday evening and last night; we just got a little dusting! It does look pretty though!

12. Can you ice skate?
Very,very, VERY badly!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift ever?
I actually can't...I've had lots of great gifts over the years! I'd have to say my first TV for my room was pretty high up there, as was a cuddly "Po" teletubby (don't ask!).

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Spending time with family and friends, and seeing people's faces when they open their presents. Plus getting a load of presents for myself of course!! ;-)

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
See number 6...although I also love mini party desserts like mini donuts and chocolate eclairs

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Having my Grandad and Uncle over for Christmas dinner...I love it when we're all together :-)

17. What tops your tree?
A star, although it has been an angel in the past.

18. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Now, this is where the little angel and devil on my shoulders have a furious row! The angel's saying "Giving's what Christmas is all about" and the devil's shouting back "Don't be so ridiculous! Receiving's far better, you moron!" So, I'm going to have to declare it a draw...both are good in different ways.

19. Candy canes: Yuck or yum?
"Candy Canes?! Are you mocking me??" The real answer is "Yum!"

20. Favorite Christmas show?
I don't know if I have a favourite Christmas show, but I enjoy watching lots of the Christmas specials that are on TV. Favourite films are a different story...I love "Elf", "Love Actually" and "The Holiday".

21. Saddest Christmas song?
Sad as in boo hoo or sad as in just plain bad?? "Do they know it's Christmas" makes me sad because of the video, and "Mad World" (not really a Christmas song, but it was Christmas No. 1) because it's just so depressing!

22. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Top 3 are: "Fairytale of New York", "Santa Baby" and "Last Christmas" but there are loads more that I love too!

So that's my Christmas! Why don't you give the survey a go too!

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving the layout!
    Cool idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo fun! Thanks for following the new blog. I can now follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah: Thank you! I love it too...if it wasn't for the fact it said "Merry Christmas" on it, I think I'd keep it all year! Glad you liked the survey too :-)

    Stephanie: It was fun to do :-) No probs...I was very proud to be your first follower on it!!

    ReplyDelete