Saturday 22 August 2009

Letting go is hard to do... :-(

I know I should let go, but I can't. I know I should accept the fact that things just aren't the same anymore, but instead I'm clinging on to the bitter end. I've tried to find a replacement, but there doesn't seem to be the right one out there for me. What am I talking about?? A relationship? Well, maybe, but certainly not with a human being or even a pet. To confess, I'm talking about...my shoes.



My grey marl canvas hightops and I are reaching the end of our road even though it pains me to admit it. It was love at first sight, and my attraction was only heightened when I saw the price tag (they were another Primark bargain!). Since then, I've worn them at almost every available opportunity and I'm not honestly sure how I managed without them! However, the love I've got for them means that they're quite literally being worn to death! The soles have got cracks in and the stitching at the back of the right one is coming undone :-( I've searched for a replacement pair, but Primark don't seem to sell them anymore and I'm not sure where else to look. I'm also wary as the soles of lots of hightops and pumps can have a really strong smell of rubber and I definitely don't want a pair of shoes that will stink the place out lol!

So for now, I'm stuck in a difficult situation. I don't want to stop wearing these shoes, but know that every time I do, they'll just get that bit more damaged until they eventually become unwearable. And that's a day that I really don't want to come :-(

3 comments:

  1. Oh *hugs* I know the feeling.
    Poor you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :-) I know...I need to find another pair and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breaking up is so hard to do. That analogy was spot on - I feel the same way about my favorite 3 pairs of shoes.

    ReplyDelete