Thursday 11 June 2009

I really should start training...

for my first 5K run, in 10 days!! It only seems like yesterday when it was 2 months away and I was discussing training with my friends. I even downloaded a training programme from the Net, but needless to say that didn't go quite to plan!
Luckily enough, we're all in the same boat, so we're all going to be helping each other through and not running too fast! Nevertheless, I know we'd feel much better if we tried some jogging beforehand and there are tentative plans for something tonight, so we shall see... ;-) !

At the end of the day, however, the most important thing is the fact that it's a charity race, so by taking part we'll be able to raise lots of money for Cancer Research :-) Despite the lack of training, I'm really looking forward to taking part, and am even tentatively thinking about doing a 10K for the same charity in a few months! Suppose it would be wiser to see how this goes first though...

No comments:

Post a Comment