Saturday 14 August 2010

Finding a balance...

between reading and writing, speaking and listening. This is something I'm really struggling with at the mo. As any of my readers will know, I've set myself a goal to blog every day during the month of August, partially because I'm keen to grow my blog and wanted to see if blogging daily would have any impact on my number of followers, but mainly because I was sick of how infrequent my posts were becoming, particularly because there were lots of things that I intended to blog about that were just getting left by the wayside. But now I'm having the opposite problem...I don't have enough things to blog about. And not only that, I'm rushing posts and feeling like I'm short changing both myself, and my readers, in the process. I know I wouldn't want to read a series of posts saying "Sorry, I've got no time to do a proper post today, I'm off out now"!! And not only that, I've found it's been ages since I've actually sat down and read and commented on any of the blogs I follow...in my desire to be a better blogger, I've lost touch with one of the major parts of it. The reading and listening. The time spent finding out what my blog friends (because I do consider many bloggers I follow to be friends) are thinking and feeling. The time spent sharing their highs and their lows. The few minutes it takes to leave a supportive comment. If I lose that, I'll be far worse for it.

So from now on, I'm striving to get my balance back. I'm not going to give up blogging every day...I've set myself a goal and as far as I'm concerned, there's no going back! But I'll be trying to manage my time a little better...to find moments to read, as well as write. To contribute to the blogs of others, instead of being so focused on my own. I'm part of a big blogging community, now's the time to act like it!!

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment